Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Progression on the dining room

We have a four bedroom house for two people and two cats. So we have a bedroom, guest room, office and completely empty odd shaped room. It drives me nuts that its empty, its just weird even walking by it. So after a long time of asking my husband to let me make it a dining room he finally said yes! He's so sweet to me <3
Here's the room before:


And my favorite part of the room was this:


We took the light off to replace it and there was GLITTER popcorn ceiling under it. TERRIBLE!
We painting it Wintergreen Ash with a black on black damask wallpaper accent wall. I saw the wallpaper on sale at wallpaperstogo.com and had to have it even though I had no idea what to do with it, so when we started doing this room I realized it was the perfect place for it. Archie helped us put up a ceilling lamp.


Here it is so far:


I'm working on some art to hang on the walls and I have a vase to spray paint for the center piece and some curtains to put up, but I'm happy with the results. I'll keep you updated!









No comments:

Post a Comment